Join our Succulent of the Month Club! (Or give it as a gift to a lucky someone.)
Succulents cover a very wide range of plants (including cacti). There are thousands of species. These tips are general for common succulents found in North America.
- Water succulents well, but let them completely dry between watering.
- Once a month is generally a safe watering schedule. May need to water more frequently outdoors.
- Fast-draining, non-compacted soil is best.
- Require good light, most enjoy some hours of direct sunlight.
- Brown leaves? Don’t worry. Remove if they pull off easily; leave on until they do.
- Bring indoors during freeze or cover thoroughly with appropriate insulate. DO NOT water just before freeze.