Join our Air Plant of the Month Club! (Or give it as a gift to a lucky recipient.)
Talk about a hard plant to kill. Tillandsias don’t even require soil. They drink and eat through their “leaves.”
- Once wet, more water doesn’t do a thing. Wet ‘em and leave ‘em.
- If easy, best method is submerging in water for several hours, once every two weeks
- If not possible, mist with water bottle (hose if outdoors) about once a week.
- If you missed a cycle, don’t worry, and don’t try to make up for it.
- Watering too often can make the center area rot, so don’t overfuss.
- If the tips of leaves are “pinching up” and you haven’t watered recently, it’s time to water.