Known for dramatic flowerings, bromeliads are among the youngest plants to evolve on Earth…appearing just a mere 10 million years ago. Interesting.
- Bright light is best. But not direct sunlight.
- General rule of thumb: water well and allow to dry before watering again.
- Many bromeliads have a “cup” in the center. This cup should have water. If empty, water the plant.
- Flush out cup with fresh water periodically to prevent stagnant water.
- If outdoors, do not leave water in cup if under 40 degrees.
- If below freezing, cover thoroughly or bring inside.
- Indoor plants may need misting on leaves every couple weeks in addition to watering.