Join our Cactus of the Month Club! (Or give it as a gift to a lucky someone.)
Nearly all cacti are succulents, but nowhere near all succulents are cacti. (Just a little fun tidbit.)
- Despite perceptions, cactus can sunburn. Bright light is good, but no need to overdo it.
- Indoor cactus may require more watering, once a month or so. Mature outdoor cactus: let nature water them. Young cactus may need water every 3 weeks.
- Fast-draining, non-compacted soil is best. Equal parts potting mix, sand, and gravel is good.
- Fertilize once a year with 10-10-10 or something similar.
- Bring indoors during freeze or cover thoroughly with blanket. DO NOT water just before freeze.